In the News
Watch some of our members in action!
- She Went Blind, and then She Danced: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/14/opinion/sunday/blind-dance.html
- Brooklyn Woman Overcomes Losing Her Vision To Keep Cooking Christmas Eve Dinner: https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2019/12/24/woman-cooking-christmas-vision/
- NY1 Noticias: Percussions With Passion: https://www.ny1noticias.com/nyc/noticias/noticias/2019/11/08/lecciones-para-invidentes-para-aprender-a-tocar-las-castanuelas?fbclid=IwAR2ej7bL270jO14H9p5FbmgH7HeNKtbKHdi_GILuClJCIuktkoWuAg5wbgY
- A Day in the Life of a Blind Person in NYC care of NOWHERE MEN: https://youtu.be/nHNhYwveC_U
- A Place for Mom Blog article: https://www.aplaceformom.com/blog/students-provide-seniors-with-a-vision-for-the-future/
- Songwriting with Teachers and Writers Collaborative: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djO0o-6Vn60
- NCOA Fall Prevention Awareness Day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dfp922TH8Rg
- Bowling Day at VISIONS with Microsoft: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HKLlC23tiY
MEET OUR MEMBERS
Richard performs for the dinner crowd.
Connie after getting her glam-on!
Jerris and Sandra working on their balance.
Halloween! Marion and Liz
Halloween! Gilda and Donna
Halloween! Yvonne and Jose
Halloween-pass the pumpkin challenge!
Marion's Line Dancing Class!
Dancers: Marion, Bernadette, Theresa, Yvonne, Patsy, Mary and Catherine
Gung Hay Fat Choy
Happy New Year! Making red and gold lanterns for the Year of the Pig.
Happy New Year
Some special New Year treats!